Children have spines and a nervous system just like adults. At Hands On Health we want to make sure they are taking good care of it especially during the developmental years. Here are 10 reasons why you should schedule an adjustment for your child.
1. Sixty-four percent of 11 to 15-year-olds reported back pain due to the weight of their backpack 1
2. One-third of 5 to 8-year-olds reported back pain that caused them to miss school, extracurricular activities, or visit the doctor 2
3. 55% of students carry a backpack heavier than the recommended weight 1
4. Backpacks with tight, narrow shoulder straps can interfere with nerve function and circulation resulting in tingling, numbness, and weakness in the arms and hands
5. Backpack induced posture changes can affect the knees and change the way children walk
6. Adjustments encourage enhanced neural plasticity (brain development and memory formation)
7. Studies have shown that chiropractic care helps young athletes heal following injuries, removing the need for painkillers or invasive surgery
8. Being adjusted regularly will strengthen the child's immunity, and may reduce the incidence of colds, ear-aches, and general illness
9. Young people who get adjusted are balanced, stronger, faster, and have more physical and mental endurance in sports and extracurricular activities
10. Proprioceptors play a major role in control and coordination! Regular chiropractic adjustments not only help your child’s coordination, but supply their brain with information so they may adapt and respond efficiently and effectively.
Dr. Tyler C. White, Chiropractor, located in Brick, NJ
Dr. Tyler serves the Exceptional Chiropractic Experience, addressing every client’s unique situation with the professional knowledge and tools that are most appropriate. At Hands On Health Chiropractic in Ocean County, New Jersey, people receive hope and inspiration; they are listened to and cared for with love and respect. People of all ages, from newborns to great-grandparents, those who are well and those who strive to be healthy, enjoy our service. We invite everyone to visit our office, join us for an orientation or Health Talk, and witness how Chiropractic facilitates optimal performance. Call 732-710-7403 for an appointment and experience the far-reaching benefits of the Exceptional Chiropractic Experience TODAY!
1 American Occupational Therapy Association
2 Simmons College